A Bit of Inspiration

With a new year just around the corner, I was thinking, do we really accomplish the New Year's resolutions that we set for ourselves? Are they just too unattainable?



When I stumbled upon Brunch at Saks recent blog post, it struck a cord. Her "pay it forward" list is an achievable one, with some lovely thoughts and deeds. I'm sharing it with you here since I think it's worth the read and such simple things that we could easily do to pay it forward...

  • Hand write and mail a note 'just because' to a friend or relative.
  • Bring a meal to a neighbor or friend when they are sick.
  • Spend an hour playing games with the residents at our local convalescent hospital.
  • Pay for the person behind me in a fast food line.
  • Mow my neighbor's lawn or pull weeds out of their planters.
  • Bring a pile of old magazines to my doctor's office for her waiting room.
  • Take unused clothing and household items to a shelter or Goodwill.
  • Tape the exact change for a soda or snack to a vending machine.
  • Leave a couple pieces of candy on a coworkers desk with a note.
  • Pay for the person behind me at a toll booth.
  • Call a family member or friend on the day of a test or other important event and tell them I'm thinking of them. (I want to push myself to go beyond my comfort zone and actually call them. No text messages, IM's, Facebook comments, etc)
  • Offer to babysit for our friends who have kids so they can enjoy a night out.
  • Draw colorful pictures and bring them to St. Joseph's or LA Children's hospital for patients' windows.
  • Leave behind my magazine or book on a plane.
  • Make an extra sandwich and snack bag for a homeless person I see often.
  • Start off by telling a customer service agent "I know this problem is not your fault." I often blame them, which is completely unfair and not right.
  • Return an extra shopping cart to the front of the store.
  • Write a note with an encouraging thought and put it in someone's lunch bag or coat pocket.
  • If nothing else, simply open the door for someone and leave them with a smile.
Isn't that lovely? So, now it's my turn to come up with a list, although I must say that I would love to use some of Annemarie's inspiring ideas.

Are there any ideas you would like to add to the list? I'd love to hear some other inspiring ideas from my favorite bloggers--YOU!

Comments

Popular Posts